Your property means a lot to you, and to your business. We take the safety of your home — and of anyone staying in it — very seriously, which is why we strongly recommend the presence of fire alarms in every Palm Springs Area vacation rental.
As careful as your guests might be, accidents can happen. Equipping your property with fire alarms helps make travelers aware of any potential safety issues. To provide an even safer experience for your guests, you should also provide fire extinguishers and set an emergency exit route. Below you’ll find information you need to keep your home safe, so your guests have a better place to stay and your property is secure.
Does your property already have fire alarms? Add this information to your listing.
Install fire alarms
Make sure you install the right number of devices, according to the Red Cross guidelines:
- Install a fire alarm outside each sleeping area and/or in the bedroom.
- Alarms should be wired together so that if one sounds, they all sound.
- Consider installing flashing alarms for people who are hearing impaired.
- Test alarms once a month.
- Frequently replace batteries; it’s recommended that they’re replaced once a year
Provide fire extinguishers
- Install extinguishers high on the wall, near an exit, away from heat sources and out of reach of children.
- Ensure that they’re properly charged and ready to use. (Consider that many fire extinguisher models are designed for one-time use and cannot be recharged.)
- For more info, check the Red Cross guidelines.
- Don’t forget to add this safety feature to your listing and provide the location in any safety communication with travelers.
Set an emergency exit route and provide emergency phone numbers
- If you have a condo or a unit in a large apartment building, it’s a best practice to indicate an emergency exit route for your guests.
- All property types can benefit from listing emergency phone numbers, so include them in your guidebook or display them on the refrigerator and in bedrooms.
- Indicate your emergency exit route on your listing under “Home Safety Features.”
For the benefit of all your guests and your own peace of mind, take action now to make your vacation home a safe place to stay.
If you have any questions about the services we provide, if there is a particular topic you want us to cover, or if you are in need of emergency restoration services, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (760) 343-3933.